Wednesday 16 November 2011

Little Things

Some little things I added into the environment just to give some unicity and detail are varieties of: bins; lightposts; stop signs.

For the bins I wanted some normal looking steel bins. Some of them were to have a fire started inside them. To make them I made a cyclinder in 3DS then I made a second cylinder that was slightly smaller and used boolean to subtract second cyclinder from the first. I then added the texture I used for the autoshop roller doors to them cyclinders to give them that steely look.

For the fire inside the bins I used a small particle renderer in unity. The particles were rendered so that they slowly rose to give the look of a fire burning in the bins. I also added a weak point light to give a slight appearence of the fire creating light around the bin.


For the light posts I made a cyclinder in 3DS I then used a bend modifier to make it bent over. I then made it into an editable poly and edited the end of the cyclinder to flare out a little like a light is there. I have 2 types of lights one broken and one working.

The broken one had a particle render put near the light area and it render some small spark looking particles around it. The working one had a point light put in the light area as well as a light flare to mimic the glare of a light.



For the stop signs I made a cyclinder in 3DS and gave it a steel texture I then made an octogon and extruded it to make the sign. I put the sign in the appropriate place on the cyclinder. I then unwrapped the octogon and made a uv template. I made 2 maps for the octogon. One was of a proper looking stop sign and the other was the proper looking stop sign with graffiti over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment